Les McDougall - Residential and commercial foundation expert
Adept is a 100% Australian owned, family business with a solid reputation for our expertise, integrity and our good workmanship.
Owner Les McDougall started his business in 1983 as a licenced bricklayer and stonemason, specialising in construction services and the rectification and repairs of federation buildings and dwellings. Over the next 10 years, Les became an expert in residential and commercial foundation repairs and underpinning buildings.
In 1993, Les became a licensed underpinner and has successfully completed thousands of foundation construction and remediation projects, as well as underpinning for the domestic and commercial sector, insurance companies and the Department of Fair Trading.
With over 36 years’ experience in the building and construction industry, Les prides himself on providing cost effective solutions to his customers without compromise. This is why he only uses solid concrete for repairing and laying foundations and piers, because he knows concrete works!
Remedial construction services & foundation repairs
REASONS YOU REQUIRE OUR SERVICES
- Foundation Movement
- Cracks in Internal/External brick or plastered walls
- Doors and Windows Jamming
- Bouncing and Unlevel/Sloping Floors
- Gaps between Timber floors and Skirting boards
- Gaps between Windows/Doors and existing Walls
- Gaps between Giprock, Cornice and walls
- Gaps and cracks between Concrete Slabs/Paths and existing Walls
- Collapsing earth beneath or near buildings
- Insufficient Drainage - Surface and Sub -Surface
- Storm Water flowing onto and under Dwelling
- Wet/Damp Sub floor areas including Rooms/Garages/Etc
- Over flowing Gutters and Storm Water Pipes
- Bricks and Mortar crumbling
- Salt forming on Bricks or Ground in Subfloor area
- Mould and Rotting Timbers
- Leaking Water and Sewer Pipes
- Damp and Musty Odours
- Retaining Walls - Leaning/Cracking/Collapsing
Residential & commercial construction repairs & construction services
As foundation repair specialists, Adept provides both remedial Residential & Commercial Construction Services from the Central Coast and the suburbs of Sydney:
• Cental Caost
• North & Upper North Shore
• Hills District
• Northern Beaches
• Greater Sydney & Metro Area
• Inner West
Adept’s services include residential and commercial foundation repairs, specialising in home underpinning and commercial building underpinning – repairs that are often needed, due to a variety of reasons.
• Residential or commercial building construction
• Residential or commercial extensions
The need for foundation repairs following commercial or residential building construction, generally occurs because of subsidence that can happen for a multitude of reasons: inadequate drainage, no drainage, leaking pipes, torrential rain, adjacent developments, tree roots and simply because it’s an older construction. These problems can also occur following foundation excavations or foundation extensions.
To minimise these problems occurring, new homes and commercial constructions in Australia only use solid concrete for laying foundations and piers. So unlike other contractors, we only use SOLID CONCRETE UNDERPINNING PIERS to support your existing building; we do not use chemical gimmicks.
Leading construction contractors
Adept has extensive expertise in rectifying unsuccessful chemical injection methods.
A Complete Range of Underpinning, Repair and Construction Services Sydney
Learn more about all of the A Adept underpinner by following these links:
House Underpinning and Foundation Repair Solutions
- Foundation Repair and House Underpinning
- Brick Pier Replacement
- Concrete Crack Repair
- Drainage Repair Solutions
- Subfloor Rooms Construction: Under House Excavation & Installation of steel beam and posts
- Residential & Commercial Construction Services
- Besser Block Dry Wall Blocks and Shotcrete Retaining Walls Construction
It’s important to note that when laying foundations, chemicals are never used as a support for new homes or commercial properties and when they are used for house underpinning, they are not successful. Importantly - imagine the effect these chemicals can have on our environment!
Fixing these foundation problems however, whilst vital to the structural integrity of the building, is only half of the battle – it’s just as important to rectify the cause. Adept’s wide range of services and expertise enables us to assess the issue, rectify the damage, and also offer solutions to prevent further damage to the building.
If you require further advice on using concrete or chemical underpinning for the remediation of residential or commercial foundations, we suggest that you ring an independent engineer for their advice. However, there will only be one answer - concrete underpinning for a lifetime of support!
As a leading residential & commercial construction company - the licenced owner is on site at all times supervising for the duration of the project.
To discuss problems resulting from either commercial or residential excavations, as well as commercial or residential extensions, or to find construction solutions for your foundation problems, call our Expert house underpinning and foundation repair specialist in Sydney on 02 4363 2828 or shoot us an email.